Draconia: World of Dragons
Register and you shall enter Draconia, world of the dragons.
Register and you shall enter Draconia, world of the dragons.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adopt, roleplay, shop, battle and ride your dragon around a digital world. Join now!

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roleplaying FAQ

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ziggy05
Admin
Ziggy05

Female Posts : 164
Pieces of Eight : 332

Roleplaying FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying FAQ   Roleplaying FAQ Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 am

I'm confused... I mean... How do I fight here?

Its actually quite simple. You aim to hit your opponent, and they decide whether or not it hits. Below is an example.

User 1: Lightning charged at Stone, aiming for his wing. He knew that a blow to a griffin's wings could end up to be fatal, especially if they lost their flight ability. When I hit, he decided with glee, I'll shred his wings into smithereens. It didn't work how he had planned...

User 2: Stone, not feeling the slightest bit of panic, darted to the side at the last moment, so that his metallic, solid beak was where his wing would of been moments ago. He felt the impact of Lightning's body against the hardness of his beak, and heard the tearing of flesh.

User 1: Lightning let out a groan of pain, struggling to get up. He forced himself to glance down at his own wing, and was horrified to see the shredded mess. "Is this my wing?" He mumbled to himself, before shooting Stone a death glare. "You win this time Stone, but I'll be back."

Do I have to pay attention to what species my opponent is and how strong he is?

I'm sorry to say, yes. For example, a water dragon would inflict more damage on a fire dragon then on an ice dragon, and if your opponent is really strong and cunning and quick, you cannot keep dodging. That brings us onto the next question...

Can I keep dodging so that my character is safe?

No. This is unfair to your opponent, and you can end up actually fighting. Dodging two or three times in a row is okay, but if you are continuesly dodging, especially if your opponent is better then yours, your character will be auto killed or auto injured by the staff.

Can't I attack somebodies character without aiming?

No. This is also unfair. Attacking somebody's character without aiming for them first is a minor rulebreak called powerplaying. No, you must aim to attack somebodys character, and they decide if it hits, and the impact of how hard it hits.

Do I have to roleplay in past tense?

No, don't worry. You can roleplay in any way you like. As long as you can read the sentence (no well... horrible english. If you can't speak english very well, use google translate. Its very helpful. :3) its fine. The following sentence is... NOT what we are looking for in grammar.

Dragon lunges at opponent, aims to tear him apart Ill win he said I will.

Text speak in the roleplaying section is also prohibited. Please, by all means use it in chat or in games, but when your roleplaying, it is a no no.

If you want more details, please feel free to PM me or another staff member, or ask them in the FAQ area.
Back to top Go down
https://dragon-heart.rpg-board.net

Roleplaying FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Draconia: World of Dragons :: Roleplay :: Quests-
Jump to: